A CALL FOR THE WALL
Ahead of Ferring Village Hall’s centenary next year, we are looking to renew the old flint wall, fronting the road and southern boundaries of the village hall site. Sadly, the wall is now in state of disrepair and collapse in places and a complete rebuild is the only realistic solution.
The Trustees were delighted with the previous fundraising campaign for the solar panels which, through the amazing generosity of the Parish Council, Rampion, local businesses and individual donors, enabled the solar panels to be installed this year. We thank everyone involved.
The Trustees are now in the process of kickstarting a new fundraising campaign; this time for renewal of the old village hall flint wall. We are looking to replace the existing wall with a brick structure with flint panel inlays, which would enhance the overall look of the village hall site and help to maintain this historic village building. Not only would this be a wonderful way to mark the village hall’s 100 years, but would also ensure that it remains an attractive and valuable asset for future generations. The village hall is a central hub for Ferring and the increase in activities and events we have seen over the past couple of years fosters the continued vibrancy of the village.
Over the coming months, we will be organising various Call for the Wall fundraising events – keep an eye on our website, Facebook, and any local advertising features.
We have also set up a JustGiving page : https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/FerringVillageHall-CallForTheWall
£10 will pay for a brick, £50 will pay for a flint block, and £1,000 will pay for a pier.
We hope that the local business community and residents will get behind this fundraising campaign to help with the wall renewal project and also come along to and enjoy our forthcoming events. These include:
- Christmas Market Saturday 2 December 14:30–18:30
- Serenata Fundraiser Saturday 16 December at 19:30
How To Donate
- Visit our JustGiving page : https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/FerringVillageHall-CallForTheWall or follow the link from our website.
- By Cheque – Made payable to “Ferring Village Hall”
- By Bank Transfer – Please contact our treasurer for further details. Email : email@example.com
Menu of Options
- Sponsor a brick for £10 The wall will use over 5,000 Bricks
- Sponsor a flint block for £50 The wall will contain 120 Flint Blocks
- Sponsor ½ Metre of Wall for £250 The wall is 90 metres long
- Sponsor 1 Metre of Wall for £500
- Sponsor a pier for £1000 There will be 5 Piers in the wall
We will keep an online record of all donations and messages, which will be accessible via our website.