Ferring Village Hall is a Community facility; it has been designed to be as flexible as possible to meet the varying needs of the local community. It contains a spacious Main Hall and two separate meeting rooms called the Club Room and the Griffin Room. Each of these three rooms has a separate kitchen facility. The rooms are centrally heated and are naturally ventilated. The Hall has been designed in accordance with current regulations for disabled parking, disabled access and a disabled toilet.
Ferring Village Hall has attained a HALLMARK1 quality of standards scheme for village halls as certified by ACRE (Action in Rural Sussex). A copy of the certificate can be viewed under Downloads.
The Village Hall and rooms are available for hire every day between the hours of 8am and midnight or at such other times as the Management Committee may specifically allow.
“Ferring Village Hall uses personal data for the purposes of managing the hall, its bookings and finances, fundraising, running and marketing events of the hall, staff employment and its fundraising activities. Data may be retained for up to 7 years or longer where required (eg: by our insurers). If you would like to find out more about how we use your personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the Hall Secretary”
The Village Hall is an ideal venue for a variety of activities including:
- Club and society meetings
- Amateur dramatic societies
- Arts groups
- Dancing and music
- Bridge and chess
- Computer groups
- Receptions for weddings, children’s parties etc.
- Business meetings, conferences, sales, promotions and corporate events
The Village Hall has a wide and flexible range of facilities including:
- The Main Hall with seating for 140 people, a wooden dance floor and a stage at one end of the Hall. The Main Hall has a separate kitchen and its own wc’s.
- The Club Room with seating for 60 people and a separate kitchen facility.
- The Griffin Room with seating for 25 people and a separate kitchenette.
- Parking at the front of the Main Hall for 8 cars plus a disabled parking bay.
- Wi-Fi access in the Main Hall, Club Room and Griffin Room. Connect to Wi-Fi network BTHub3-M6XK and the password is Griffin1.
Village Hall information in All About Ferring magazine
Since July Ferring Village Hall will still have been closed, however during that time the Government will have issued it’s guidelines for the possible reopening of Village Halls and Community Centres. The Trustees of our Hall will have met to discuss these guidelines and to consider whether it will be safe to reopen our doors once again.
These guidelines are lengthy and demanding and will need careful examination of the contents as to whether we are in a position to put in place sufficient safety measures to ensure all attending members of the public will be safe from the coronavirus. If and when we open it will be expected that all clubs and societies will also play their part in ensuring all guidelines given out are adhered to, thus ensuring the safety of their members.
For further information please view our webpage or contact the Booking Secretary on 07847 309 351 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
CORONAVIRUS - UPDATE
Please remember our email will continue to be monitored over the coming weeks should you have any further questions, and we look forward to have fun and happy times again.